Automotive Data Technician- ideally with knowledge of OEM's computer applications as it pertains to data file release: Mainframe, Unix, Windows based (e.g. GPDS, E2, Cal-DS, vCDM, SPR, SPD, as well as Microsoft Office applications).
This role supports the data file software/calibration release community from early development through production release. Responsibilities will include: Releasing controller software and calibration datafiles necessary for controller programming for development vehicles, assembly plants, and the service organization. The position involves a considerable amount of creativity, perception, and a wide latitude for independent action including significant independent judgment. Additional responsibility will include instruction and providing training of others.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works in Mainframe, Unix, and Windows based applications as part of the GMPD data file release process.
- Support data file releases for all requested phases of the Global Vehicle Development Process including Service
- Assist the release community in resolving immediate issues such as missing datafiles, missing build combinations
- Support Pre-production bench builds and vehicle builds, and development vehicle milestones by delivering data files to appropriate repositories to meet build and ride milestones.
- Assists in the planning, developing, establishing, measuring, and maintaining of programs, processes, and procedures.
- Gathers and interprets complex data (i.e. Engineering Work Order).
- Recommends solution to unusual and difficult problems.
- SME in tools and processes to provide assistance and guidance to the user community
- Assists in the planning and requirements development of future tool and process enhancements
- Prepares presentations and participates in meetings as necessary to support controller programs.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Given specific direction (part numbers or descriptions), obtain blueprints, math data, PDMs and other graphical information
- Inspect and compare physical hardware (parts, vehicles, mock up bucks) to graphical information, noting discrepancies
- Obtain specific data from available databases, sort or organize data by designated characteristics or relationships and report-required information in specified formats
- Given specific direction (issues, drawings, parts, vehicles involved), schedule and coordinate technical reviews
- Document technical discussions, action plans and assignments
- Given specific direction, monitor and report status of projects and assignments
- Compile routine, simple cost comparison data or comparison of other performance data
- Compile data and convert into standard specification format and documents
- One-three years work experience
- Ability to file and retrieve information from standard electronic databases
- Ability to interpret drawings, layouts and graphic illustrations
Understanding of basic vehicle architecture in assigned area
- Understanding of basic data processing techniques, methods and software
- Two years of college in a technical area (math, science, engineering, programming, design) or demonstrated ability to perform as defined above
- Experience as auto mechanic or technician
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of sound logic and analytical ability where problems are unusual, complex, and difficult.
- Attentiveness to detail and precision.
- Ability to work effectively local and globally.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and make decisions and recommendations with limited data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes incomplete requirements.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and Windows based applications.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area.
- Experience facilitating meetings with results-driven outcomes.
- Experience with automotive manufacturing release systems.
- Experience with material build processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical Field.
- Knowledge of OEM's computer applications as it pertains to data file release: Mainframe, Unix, Windows based (e.g. GPDS, E2, Cal-DS, vCDM, SPR, SPD, as well as Microsoft Office applications).
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity.
At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience.
At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.