Position Title: Automation Engineer General
Engineer working in Body Department at Dearborn Truck Plant
- Weber FDS and Henrob SPR System knowledge
- X-section knowledge
- Aluminum Laser Welding understanding
- Apply engineering principles & analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products.
- Implement interim and permanent corrective actions to resolve quality issues using 8D tool, 6 panel, etc.
- Manage and direct statistical process control activities.
- Knowledge of and ability to execute measurement systems analysis & variable data analysis.
- Identify sources of variation within a production environment effectively and efficiently.
- Support expedited concern resolution with cross functional teams including the Quality Department, Production and Suppliers.
- Review incoming quality concerns to maintain quality with assigned area; must have experience with initiating containment, determining root cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Supervise Hourly Inspection Employees.
- Develop and manage joining techniques, materials, and technologies.
- Apply knowledge of joining technology; equipment controllers; and gun design and evaluation techniques.
- Execute and verify processes and procedures.
- Implement the certification strategy.
- Understand schedule development.
- Implement control plans and requirements.
- Must have experience and be able to independently troubleshoot all Body automation equipment and continuously evaluate equipment for quality and delivery improvements.
- Must have experience with Rockwell Allen Bradley PLC5 and Control Logix software. Must be able to coordinate the automation team for current and future actions.
- Must establish processes to ensure equipment is operating to current specifications.
- Must prioritize repairs of any down equipment.
- Ensure PM's are correct and/or modified for the current DTP environment and schedule to prevent break downs based on historical data.
- Ensure PM's are completed in a timely manner.
- Communicate with other Body Shops and Global Body Engineering to implement best practices where appropriate.
- Job will consist of shift rotations as required. A Crew: Monday-Thursday 5:30am to 5:00pm, B Crew: Thursday-Friday 5:00pm to 4:30am. C Crew: Friday-Saturday 5:30am to 5:00pm and Sunday-Monday 5:00pm to 4:30am.
- Previous automotive, engineering and quality analysis experience.
- Prior supervisory experience managing a unionized work force.
- Previous experience as a Production Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity.
At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience.
At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.