-The ASSOCIATE TECHNICIAN will be responsible for working within the Vehicle Safety and Crashworthiness Laboratory (VSCL) to ensure first time quality and on-time delivery of data for the Hydraulic, Hyge, and/or Decel Sled test areas. In addition, the Associate Technician will perform a variety of technical tasks related to vehicle integration, test & validation, development, build, and/or instrumentation. The selected candidates will be expected to perform with a high level of technical expertise. Job assignments will vary based on the responsibilities of the team.
- Utilization of test equipment and computer systems to execute sled testing.
- Follow processes to robustly manage all related test data to maintain data integrity.
- Build test properties
- Complete assignments according to work requests, on-time, with high quality.
- Able to collaborate with others outside the work group and work effectively in a team environment.
- Adheres to all Safety standards.
- Actively participates in initiatives of the team.
- Creates accurate, complete documentation associated with task execution.
- Perform physical tasks common to the position.
- Assists with problem solving and creation of Task Instructions as requested.
- Maintains good housekeeping standards.
Preferred Work Schedule: Baseline Work Schedule: 6:30 - 3:00
Overtime Schedule: 6:00am - 4:30pm or 8:00am - 6:30pm
Saturday Overtime: 6:00 - 2:30
- Knowledge in MS Office (Word) – Advanced level
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Advanced level
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas
- Advanced ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using root cause analysis where problems are more complex
- Strong knowledge of complex mechanical and/or electrical concepts
- Strong engineering math knowledge
- Advanced ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings
- Position related experience
- Relevant auto industry experience required -
Areas of expertise include:
Quality, Testing and Automotive systems
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical field or Automotive Technology or equivalent training
EDUCATION: Associates Degree ( REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 1 - 3 years of experience
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity.
At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience.
At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.