Embedded Telematics Systems Engineer:
- Work with feature/Module owners within different Client organizations such as Connected Vehicles products & platforms, Research & advanced Engineering, Security, IT, and other organizations to develop new features and functions related to current and future TCU variants/generations globally.
- Help define and develop next generations of Client's telematics features in alignment with technology growth and future trends.
- Lead the development, validation, and launch of the Telematics Control Unit and its features, in conjunction with the in house hardware and software development teams.
- Work with cross functional teams to help define protocol and message structure for vehicle to cloud communication.
- Own & maintain TCU core system specification, and develop detailed sub-system & system level (end to end) test plans.
- Execute system tests as required to support lead program launch.
- Work closely with the in house development team, Connected Vehicles Products & Platforms, and IVI systems team to analyze and resolve system issues related to the TCU.
- Lead and drive resolution of engineering issues by working with internal cross functional team and suppliers.
- Author and manage any design change requests related to the TCU.
- Evaluate incoming feature requests (Design change requests
- DCRs) and identify System impact needs based on these requests.
- Quantify feature release quality by evaluating projected software defect rate, number of open defects, etc.
- Perform benchmark studies and remain current with latest technologies and competitive products as means to drive new innovative features and functions pertinent to RF chipset and Telematics module design.
Independent worker and capable of delivering multiple project commitments concurrently.
Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Highly motivated and self starter
- 1-3 years of experience in Telematics and automotive infotainment system design and development
- 1-2 years of experience in automotive connectivity solutions such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, vehicle networking
- 1-2 years of experience with embedded module architecture: Microcontrollers, SoC, Flash, RAM, device drivers
- 1-2 years knowledge of Vehicle CAN / LIN communication networks
- Thorough understanding of embedded Telematics and cellular technologies 2G/3G/4G (CDMA, GSM/EDGE, WCDMA/UMTS/HSPA+, LTE) for devices and core networks (MSC, HLR, VLR, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of 3GPP/3GPP2 standards
- Experience of working with carriers and understanding of PLMN, HPLMN, RPLMN, VPLMN,EHPLMN, OPLMN
- Detailed understanding of configuration and software reflash thru OTA reflash mechanisms
- General understanding of CAN and OTA (Over The Air) security requirements.
- Thorough understanding of vehicle to cloud connectivity: APN, VPN, TCP/IP stack etc. with associated security elements like SSL, message level encryption, code signing etc.
- Good overall understanding/experience with high speed communication buses like USB, Ethernet etc. for automotive applications.
Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity.
At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience.
At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.