MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Responsible for tracking and evaluating data for quality trends from current established processes to assure process adherence and 1st time quality to our customers.
-Also will need to problem solve exception and receiving part reliability issues on the floor and then will be required to communicate findings to the department.
-Will be required to investigate and approve customer claims that are received by the department.
-May supervise and direct a couple employees engaged in specialized or varied tasks in the quality department.
- Analyzes issues on the floor, evaluates, and solves problems as they come up.
- Analyzes product condition to assure quality and reliability.
- Analyzes quality data for trends and presents to the members
- Serves as a liaison between customers, engineering, WHQ quality, purchasing, and manufacturing to assure quality and reliability of parts and process.
- Data entry
- Recommends necessary changes in design and packaging
- Provides technical assistance as needed.
- Regular contact with others outside the work group.
- Recommends process changes to improve overall quality.
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project.
- Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities.
- Functional owner of Quality System for the specific department.
- Lead for Department Quality Metric Improvements.
- Point for Supplier Quality Activities and Conference Calls.
- Understands/ Communicates all Product Quality Standards
- Own / Develop / Communicate all Plant PFMEA's and Control Plans for the department
- Own / Develop / Communicate all Quality Metric Continuous Improvement Plans and status to their goals
- Issue/Initiate PPR's, QCFs, PC114s, PC120s and participate in any Supplier Quality Activities that are required
- Use PRTS system to investigate Engineering Changes
- Maintain PRM compliances
- Knowledge in MS Office (Word) Intermediate level
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool Intermediate level
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas
- Advanced ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using root cause analysis where problems are more complex
- Demonstrated capability of reading engineering drawings
- Position related experience - 4-6 years experience
- Relevant auto industry experience required
- Areas of expertise include: Quality
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills.
- High level of knowledge of product engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of Corporate and divisional quality and reliability, standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals.
-Expert in Built-in-Quality, strong knowledge about quality tools as PFMEA, and control plan.
- All MicroSoft Office Applications & Software
- Competencies: Coaching, Strategic planning, Drive for Results, Customer Focus, Integrity, Lead Changes, Communications teach and coach
- Knowledge of Product Quality Standards/Processes and Built in Quality Principles preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical field or Automotive Technology or equivalent training
- Valid Drivers License
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity.
At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience.
At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.