Position Title: Attorney General
Representing Client and IT principles, practices, and values in IT transactions with 3rd parties via drafting, reviewing, editing legal documents.
- Requires unique combination of competency in IT, law, and general business and ability to assess associated risks for given business situation (e.g. open source software).
- Key role in numerous types of transactions (services, hardware, software, data) resulting in a required breadth of competence leading to customized services for each client.
- Multiple projects to manage simultaneously, each with critical deadlines.
- Requires management of cross functional /multi-departmental global projects, many perspectives, cultures, geographies to involve, manage, influence within Ford and the vendor's organization.
- Requires constant balancing of client's goals with overall corporate risk management (balancing pressing project needs with prudent risk management) resulting in the need to frequently use mediation, problem solving, communication, and influencing skills.
- Requires ability to understand the motivations of each party in a transaction and translate that into a win-win solution.
Ability to service clients by:
- listening to business partner's needs to ascertain needs and clear objectives
- developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and managing by influence
- identifying the key drivers in various transactions / focusing on the true issue
- balancing enterprise risk factors with business partner's goals
- setting strategy and defining actions to achieve the strategy
- applying industry knowledge to drafting agreements and conducting negotiations
- motivating and leading diverse virtual teams brought together to execute a particular transaction >> Ability to leverage limited resources to achieve goals >> Flexibility
- Creativity in finding win-win solutions in negotiations and terms
- Drive to proactively manage 3rd party vendor issues/relationships
- Communication - translating legal risk stemming from technology activities into business risk.
- Demonstrated experience identifying risks and analyzing requirements for various technology transactions
- Demonstrated experience servicing clients in various technology transactions
- Technology industry experience sufficient to understand IT requirements, technology products/services, and assess risks.
- Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with information technology 3rd party vendors
- Demonstrated experience with drafting technology contracts
- Demonstrated experience with negotiating technology contracts
- Demonstrated experience with free and open source software licenses
- Demonstrated experience working with data privacy rules or other compliance frameworks
- JD degree (Law Degree) with good standing membership in the Michigan Bar Association.
- Technical undergraduate degree or business degree with relevant technical experience
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity.
At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience.
At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.